Thursday 16 July 2009

Φτάνει στο τέλος της η καριέρα του Soderbergh;;;

SODERBERGH: I CAN SEE THE END OF MY CAREER

Following the failure of Che, his biopic of Cuban rebel leader Ernesto Che Guevara, starring
Benicio Del Toro, and the recent last-minute decision by Sony to abort the production of his Moneyball, which was to have starred Brad Pitt, Steven Soderbergh has told Britain's Guardian newspaper, "I can see the end of my career."

In an interview with the newspaper, Soderbergh, whose films include
Traffic, Eric Brockovich, and Ocean's Eleven, admitted that he regretted making the four-hour Che, which reportedly cost $58 million to produce and earned about half that amount worldwide.

"For a year after we finished shooting I would still wake up in the morning thinking, 'Thank God I'm not shooting that film,'" he said.

Soderbergh noted that, given the current economic "landscape," such a film could not have found even the limited financing that it did. "A few more years maybe ... and then the stuff that I'm interested in is only going to be of interest to me. ... And so I've got a list of stuff that I want to do -- that I hope I can do -- and once that's all finished I may just disappear."

No comments:

Post a Comment